Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Thursday, July 24, 2014
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
In a 32-bit computer, data buss size is 32-bits wide, wherein buss size gets doubled in a 64-bit computer, so 64 bit computer is capable of carrying twice the size of data around the system elements.
- 64-bit machines are having more advanced security features like Kernel Patch Protection
- 64-bit device drivers are digitally signed to avoid random crashes.
- Context to web surfing it may not demonstrate significant difference but heavy graphics processing and scientific calculations will be more efficient in 64 bit computers.
- Strongly recommended for graphics applications ie: photo, video, games, CAD, etc.
- A 64-bit OS allows you to run greater memory wherein 32-bit restricted to maximum of 4 GB RAM.
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Diagnostic is the key element of health treatment process; Even experts need patients’ diagnostic done to identify disorder precisely. In the present scenario, abundance of labs doesn't guarantee precise diagnostic as all the samples might not under go testing as quickly as taken from patients, and tend to loose its veracity. Also, there are many chances for samples not reaching to diagnostic equipment in original form, so results can always be challenged.
There are many reasons for lack of precision in lab reports:-
• Poor collections logistics and process.
• Quality and advancement of technology usage.
• Intention behind test recommendation.
More than 80% diagnostics ordered by physicians turn out with negative results! Isn’t it big surprise? My mind is trying to disentangle few questions-
1. Aren't Physicians qualified enough in triage process?
2. Is Physician’s intention restricted to precise diagnostic?
3. Does lab test charges includes Physicians’ commission as well?
Saturday, December 1, 2012
Natural selection in the backdrop of Darwin’s theory is the preservation of a functional advantage that enables species to compete better in the nature, so emotion is becoming scapegoat in the acquisitive human advancements.
Biological evolution of human can’t be ignored. However Darwinism, originally included very broad concepts of transformation of species, but meaning of "Darwinism" has changed over time, depending on the context.
Lets go back to our childhood and remember our frequent meetings with our beloved ones and social gatherings. Now, having met with family face-to-face became a history as we constantly communicate with them over internet and mobiles – Present life styles and so called advancements have sunk the original human emotions. Its emotions, which connects a creature with another creature in the world of duality.
In the world of advancement, human will be differentiated by the amount & the quality of emotions he/she carries not by efficiencies in his/her endeavors. Even today, people approximating Martin Luther King Jr. in politics and Shahrukh Khan in drama are highly appreciated by mass because of their expertise in ‘art of emotion service’; nonetheless their flair to generate emotional arrays can’t be ignored.
Noticeably, human sufferings from hunger, diseases, crimes, mental depression and many other societal problem have amplified with physical advancement - Isn't it result of use, misuse and abuse of natural human instincts? No matter what misfortunes may assail the civilization but humankind’s aspiration for perfection will always advance trampling over iron spikes.
Pace of human life is getting aligned with all materialistic progression and Darwinism chasing its shadow consonantly in all walks of human advancement.
So, what would be most aristocratic human collection in imminent human civilization? Isn't it Emotion... Emotion..Emotion?
Monday, November 26, 2012
Graphics registers faster than textual information, so dashboards speak an international language. Study after study, experiment after experiment has proven that information in visual forms have superior precision; even researchers claim- visual information quickly affects both cognitive and emotional system of a human.
Communication do exist since birth of human civilization. Information through representational elements like images and graphics are deciphered simultaneously by human brain while language is decoded in a linear and sequential fashion.
Context to decision making process, quick availability of actionable information is key for all the business enterprises. Performance Dashboards are designed specially for business executives to visualize business performance and make decision for next course.
Dashboards are highly effective business intelligence tools, nonetheless there are basic slip-ups made while designing a dashboard, which leads to unrewarding intelligence as well as ineffective practice.
Some points to keep in mind while designing a executive dashboards:-
1. Lets not clutter the information – Make sure it provides at-a-glance views of KPIs
2. Designers to wear executive shoes - Focus on information sequence.
3. Right chart for information precision– Its not Rangoli to be designed, so usage of charts to be objective.
4. Remember your car Dashboard– Limit overview in just a single page.
Every executive would like to see their business performance of each products & services on various time scales, and further drilldown to region, locations, entity level. They would also be interested to learn ROI on each specific product and service in entity level and data aggregation back to top.
Psychologist Albert Mehrabian demonstrated that 93% of communication is nonverbal so dashboards should have information synchrony and reciprocity between business and executives. Business performance dashboards should be made discrete using interactive maps drilling down to region, location, entity levels.
Dashboards should provide visibility to critical business activities and a complete overview business activities with easy-to-read interface along with historical trends of an business KPIs (key performance indicators) to enable instant and appropriate decisions at a glance.
Thursday, November 1, 2012
- Pranav Mistry, a research fellow of MIT Media Lab, USA is working on integrating physical objects with digital objects - Gesture transmission into information by seamless integration with real world.
- Weijun Li and Longyi Shao of University of Mining and Technology, China are working on transmission of electron (aerosol) particles from one location to another.
- Telekommunisten is working on transformative power of digital communications to the physical sphere with a global sharing platform for the transmission of physical objects - packet dissemination through pneumatic tubes.
- Location Information (Geo-codes of Source & Destination)
- Body decompounding at source and compounding in destination
- Compression and Transmission of decompounded data
- Temporary storage of decompounded data
Saturday, October 20, 2012
Thursday, March 1, 2012
On a lighter note- Isn't office cannibalism to be a required subject in college course? It can be better framed in beautiful titles like "corporate attitude" or "real keys to corporate success" or so on... for effective POS!– Education evangelists to give it a thought!
Submissive Note - Lets not put label of ‘Explorer’ or ‘Soldier’ or ‘Aghori’ on ‘office cannibalism/ politics’ experts in corporate land :)
Thursday, February 9, 2012
Realizing the roller-coaster practice with the use of forces in healthcare space over the past two decade impart an important context for deliberations of likely future advancements in the nature of competition in healthcare IT market. The vision of integrated healthcare services to enable medical information exchange context to patient care is buzzword in Gen “Y”-healthcare ecology. But the greatest potential and larger role lies in consumers’ education and their act to apply pressure on providers to improve the quality of care.
However health education and patient care has become simple with the advancements of healthcare information technology in the developed countries over the last one decade. We must view the advancement in healthcare informatics as a blessings rather than a challenge to medical administration even in Indian milieu. Advancement in healthcare information technology would be taking healthcare to the most remote corners of the country to serve millions of diffident and ignored populace. Educated class is expected lending a hand to others through the transitions of healthcare informatics to strengthen upcoming generations.
To make healthcare IT customary in India, it may be helpful to prioritize the education approach - provider or consumer - to focus on first. Although, there is no definitive - right or wrong approach here, one might want to look at advancement from a provider perspective and another from consumer centric. Healthcare providers can well educate consumers about new systems, so a smooth transition on the consumer side can take place.
One particular daunting aspect of healthcare IT adoption amongst the medical fraternity is direct impact over their business norms, especially in the Indian context. Adoption of any system should proportionate the size and scope of the business endeavor. IT usage in healthcare space will affect every one - both provider and consumer. Such opportunity - electronic medical records of consumers and efficient administration of healthcare functions - two purposes squarely in the bulls-eye of healthcare IT advancements in India.