In a 32-bit computer, data buss size is 32-bits wide, wherein buss size gets doubled in a 64-bit computer, so 64 bit computer is capable of carrying twice the size of data around the system elements.
- 64-bit machines are having more advanced security features like Kernel Patch Protection
- 64-bit device drivers are digitally signed to avoid random crashes.
- Context to web surfing it may not demonstrate significant difference but heavy graphics processing and scientific calculations will be more efficient in 64 bit computers.
- Strongly recommended for graphics applications ie: photo, video, games, CAD, etc.
- A 64-bit OS allows you to run greater memory wherein 32-bit restricted to maximum of 4 GB RAM.